Cyber Security Professional
Students who successfully complete this program will have a better understanding of successful digital marketing and digital management practices needed to compete in the global economy. Through the integration of the study of culture, economics, and world business, this program will provide the student with an active, hands-on approach to understanding the global environment.
Course work combines theory and practice with a Simulation project. The Simulation project involves analyzing a company, government, not-for-profit organization, or an industry. The project enables student team members to apply what they have learned through the program to a real business problem or opportunity. It will enable students to gain practical business exposure and to hone their skills in teamwork, intelligence gathering and analysis, presenting and selling their ideas.
Why Are We The Best?
Our advanced e-learning management system, provides an interactive hub for all your learning activities, making it easy to manage your studies and access a wealth of course material, quizzes, assignments and live classrooms. Best of all, you can log in from anywhere, at any time using any computer or smartphone.
Our teachers are are not just great teachers and motivators – they also have years of real-world experience working in their chosen sector. That means that they can offer the kind of first-hand knowledge that makes the theory come alive and show you how what you’re learning links directly to your own experience in the workplace.
We believe in providing students with as much real-world experience as possible in an academic environment, by using the business simulators.
You will receive the following industry certifications:
- CCNA Security – Cisco
- CCNA Cyber Ops – Cisco
|MST CCNA 200||CCNA Cyber Security Certification|
|MST CCBC 200||Cyber Security Business Capstone- Programing Project|
$5,500 per quarter
$10,000 per 2 quarters
|Total Program Length– 2 quarters
First quarter: 18 hours/week for 10 weeks = 180 hours
Second quarter: 18 hours /week for 10 weeks = 180 hours
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) validates associate-level knowledge and skills required to secure Cisco networks. With a CCNA Security certification, a network professional demonstrates the skills required to develop a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats. The CCNA Security curriculum emphasizes core security technologies, the installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and devices, and competency in the technologies that Cisco uses in its security structure.
- Mod 1 Introduction
- Mod 2 Network Security Basics I
- Mod 3 Network Security Basics II
- Mod 4 Securing Network Devices I
- Mod 5 Securing Network Devices Lab I
- Mod 6 IOS Enhancement Lab
- Mod 7 Securing Network Devices II
- Mod 8 Securing Network Devices Lab II
- Mod 9 Using CCP To Configure SNMP Lab
- Mod 10 Say Hello To AAA
- Mod 11 Local AAA
- Mod 12 Configuring Local AAA With CCP
- Mod 13 Firewall Basics Using ACLs
- Mod 14 Intro Firewall Mod 14 Intro Firewall
- Mod 15 Content Based Access Control Firewall
- Mod 16 Zoned Based Firewalls
- Mod 17 Zoned Based Firewalls Lab
- Mod 18 Configuring Advanced Firewall With CCP
- Mod 19 Securing The LAN
- Mod 20 Welcome to Cryto
- Mod 21 VPN
- Mod 22 Remote Access VPNS
- Mod 23 VPN Lab
- Mod 24 Managing A Secure Network
- Mod 25 Outro
In this course, you will
- Learn interdisciplinary IoT systems (electronics, networking, programming, etc.)
- Use Digital Marketing tools for monitoring audiences and increase visibility of the products or services
- Visualize, clean, manipulate and integrate data sets.
- Learn fundamental principles of designing funnels and bots.
- Use storytelling to present insights gained from extracted data.
- Identify a problem, create a design, plan for an IoT solution, and develop a prototype of an IoT solution.
- The Cisco Internet of Things (IoT) certifications and training are job role based programs designed to help meet the growing need for specialized talent. This education portfolio provides Internet Protocol (IP) networking expertise, with a focus in automation, manufacturing and energy and future expansion to include equally transformative industries.
Sample Internships Opportunities in New York
Cybersecurity Intern – New York City DEPT OF INFO TECH & TELECOMM – Manhattan, NY
The Cyber NYC Team is part of the Initiatives Department at NYCEDC. The Initiatives Department creates and manages projects that partner with, impact, and address specific challenges and opportunities within NYC’s key economic sectors. One of the key projects of the Initiatives Department is Cyber NYC, which is a suite of strategic investments to grow New York City’s cybersecurity workforce, help companies drive innovation and business development, and build networks and community spaces. Among its various initiatives is a Chelsea-based Global Cyber Center, a SoHo-based Cyber Innovation Hub, a Facebook-CUNY Master’s Program, a virtual apprenticeship program, and a Cyber Boot Camp for underserved New Yorkers. Read more about the project here.
Information Security Intern
Cyber Risk Laboratory – New York, NY
Preserving data using accepted forensic protocols
Creating and maintaining Chain of Custody
Maintaining and upgrading computer forensic software and hardware
Archiving data to backup systems
Performing case closing processes
Creating client data deliverables
Shipping and receiving data and equipment.
IT Security Operations Intern
Interpublic Group – New York, NY
- Conduct Vulnerability Management activates by working with various system owners/agencies to remediate vulnerability findings.
- Review Vulnerability Assessments and identify any high/critical findings
- Conduct data analysis, data consolidation, data reporting used for decision marking
- Pursuing a BS, degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Mathematics or related technical field from an academic institution
- Reconciling scanning inventories based on discovery scan results and ensuring proper agency ownership
- Assisting with the vulnerability exception process